Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Dear One...

I am overjoyed that Chnida is working at Sonlight this year; meaning I still get to see her everyday.  Her mother is working in our home this year, and I love the opportunity to truly her family.  The greatness that is Chnida has been overtaking me, so I thought I would share it.

Chnida, is incredibly quiet and sweet. She has a heart of gold, ready to serve, and to encourage anyone around her.  If you ask of her any task, she does not question it; she will simply complete the task without a second thought.

We are changing Sunday School this year.  We are bringing together the English class and the Creole class.  It has gone well so far, and with big numbers.  We are walking through "The Storybook Bible" with the kids, and it is a great story-version of the Bible centered around Jesus Christ.  Thankfully, we have this Bible in both English and Creole.  Bringing the classes together, we needed a translator.  Our first Sunday, I saw Chnida passing by about to go home, and I grabbed her and asked her if she would be willing to help us this one Sunday.  She followed me upstairs, and has been working with us every Sunday.  No one needed to ask her.  Asking her if it is okay for her to continue to do this with us, she said, "Of course!  I love it, I love the kids, and working with them.  I wasn't sure what I would do for Sunday School this year.  I am happy to be here and to serve."  Love her and her heart!  This is us at church this morning.


Here she is speaking in front of the children at Sunday School.




If you could, pray for her.  She is sweet and intelligent.  She has a desire to go to college in the States.  It did not work out this year, but we are working, praying, and hoping for next year.  Pray God will show her the school she needs to attend, and that He will provide the means.  She wants to be a nurse, and definitely has the ability to be equal parts loving, caring, and  intelligent to handle the medications.  God is good, and I cannot wait to see how He will work in her future!

No comments:

Post a Comment