Tuesday, December 6, 2011

2 G's


It is extremely difficult to ask for support.  I would much rather be on the giving side than the receiving.  God unequivocally sent me here and I am certain that the fundraising portion was another way for me to learn.  I thought, I had this call, it is my duty to provide a substantial portion of my funds.  And then, as usual (you would think I would understand by now) God raised that right hand of His and thwarted me on the back of the head (in a loving way, of course).

The first week of November I received a fundraising update e-mail and I was literally (and figuratively) FLOORED.  I sat down on my bedroom floor and teared up.  The generosity demonstrated by so many wonderful people.  A family with 3 kids, and another that they were fostering wrote a beyond generous check.  And a dear friend with a 1 year old, commuting for work, working on her master’s, and a baby on the way, her gift took my breath away.  When I looked at the list, immediately I started to pray that God would bless them 10 fold for their selfless gifts.

2 other greatly generous gifts, Dr. Bastin, a dear friend and one of my many mothers, opened up their home for me so I wouldn’t have to worry about finding a sublease.  My small group got me a kindle fire, the nicest gift I have ever received.  In the course of a week and a half I have already read 3 books (nerd).

So, my 2 G’s are generosity and gratitude.  I am completely grateful for everyone’s generosity.  Whether in a gift/monetary form, prayer, or an encouraging word (I’m words of affirmation :D).  I cannot wait to see how God is going to bless each of you!
Truly, to God be the glory, GREAT THINGS HE HATH DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment