Friday, July 18, 2014

Divine Date

Well, there are quite a few things I am terrible at.  Writing blog posts is at the top of the list.  I have an internal debate about narcissism every time I want to write something.  But, here goes nothing.

This summer has been wonderful.  I am overwhelmed by all the wonderful people in my life.  I have traveled, celebrated my cousins graduation, and mourned the loss of life of four people.  It has been a summer full of "never a dull moment" moments.  Constantly running.  Constantly talking, this is difficult for an introvert.  The summer has also been full of intimacy with the Lord.  Closeness that is and was indescribable.

Then something happened the week following July 4th.  I don't know if it was busyness, or a lack of self-discipline in my quiet time, but old wounds resurfaced and a loneliness in midst of a full schedule enveloped me.  With days filled with working and striving to regain intimacy, I continually failed.

It all heightened this weekend.  Two close friends left town for a week, I planned a full weekend to see as many people as I could and a quick out-of-town trip to see family.  Everything I planned canceled.  And again, I felt like a failure.

Priscilla Shirer is in Lexington this weekend, I was offered a ticket earlier this week, but I had plans, a full schedule, I couldn't attend.

A friend made her Facebook status that she had an extra ticket if anyone wanted to attend.  My schedule was suddenly wide-open, and I could use sometime hearing God's Word.  Ticket was mine.

The ticket was mine from the beginning, the person who offered the ticket to me early in the week - this was that ticket.  A Divine Date.

A Divine Date it has been already.  This morning in my prayer time I laid down before the Lord all the pain and confusion I was experiencing.  Priscilla spoke truth of God's love over everything I prayed about this morning.

He speaks.  Who am I?  Why am I so foolish to question?

So thankful.
Thanks Elaine Barton and Donna Hancock, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment